12/2/2021 12:00:00 PM
The NFTA is seeking to hire full-time permanent bus and rail operators (including paratransit operators) as well as full-time mechanics. All employees of the NFTA, whether represented by a bargaining unit or not, will be eligible for an employee referral payment through this program for the successful referral of an individual who becomes a full-time employee of the NFTA in a position covered by the Employee Referral Program.
Details are as follows:
- The total amount of the referral payment is $1,000.00, which is payable in full for each successful referral of an individual to the NFTA for a covered position (up to a maximum of 5 such bonus payments to any one person who makes such referrals.)
- A successful referral means the full-time employment of individuals in a covered position. The individual who is hired must pass probation and/or training or qualification period and must work for more than one year in a covered position.
- Cover positions are full-time bus and rail operators, paratransit operations, and mechanics (in positions at Mechanic A level and above).
- The $1,000.00 referral payment will be paid in two installments. The first payment of $250.00 shall be issued within 30 days following the latest of the completion of the probationary period (and/or any training or qualification period) of the individual who was referred to the NFTA. The second payment of $750.00 shall be issued within 30 days following when the individual who was referred to the NFTA reaches their 1-year anniversary date of hire.
- Payments will be issued as a separate payroll check, with any applicable tax deduction.
- Payments under this program are for prospective employee referrals only, which are made on or after December 1, 2021. Any employee who referred an individual to the NFTA prior to the start of this program on Dec. 1, 2021, will not be eligible for a referral payment.