1/14/2022 3:45:00 PM
Within the first two weeks of 2022, there have been 6 reported slip and fall employee injuries across the authority due to snow and ice conditions.
As extremely low temperature winter weather is predicted for the upcoming days, keep the following tips in mind to remain safe and upright:
- Wear slip resistant footwear, especially while working outdoors
- Use 3 points of contact when entering/exiting vehicles and utilizing steps/stairs
- Skip the shortcut -- take clear paths whenever possible
- Report any areas that require additional attention, such as the presence of indoor puddles or snow/ice accumulation
- If you must walk through ice or snow, walk like a penguin